2002. My first trip to Mexico. One whole month of beans, homemade tortillas, avocado, tequilla and waves, waves, waves. Thirteen years later I’ve found myself back in Mexico (struggling with my Spanish even still) every single year.
En Lieu of this years surf travel, I bring you photos of Mexico’s Past.
- Los Tules in 1950’s.
- The bar at the Villa Vera Hotel in Acapulco, 1968. Photo: Slim Aarons
- Lisa Fonssagrives in Mexico, 1949. Photo: Fernand Fonssagrives
- 1968 at the Villa Vera Racquet Club in Acapulco, Mexico. Photo: Slim Aarons
- Somewhere in Mexico, 1966. Photo: Ron Stoner
- Elizabeth Taylor and her daughter Liza in Puerto Vallarta, 1960s.
- Puerto Vallarta Malecon (Boardwalk) in the 1960’s.
- Loreto Mexico, 1970’s.
- 1976 Little Stoners and their 1969 Toyota Land Cruiser, Matanchen Bay, Mexico.
- Lost in Baja, 1976.
- Map of Mexico, 1935.
- Vintage postcard of the Hotel Caleta, Mexico, 1966.
- Drinking from a coconut underwater in the pool at Las Brisas Hotel in Acapulco, Mexico, February 1972. Photo: Slim Aarons
- Las Brisas Hotel. Photo: Slim Aaron
- Young and Wild, 1960, Baja.